Counsel - Hybrid
OverviewThis is an excellent opportunity to work as a Counsel for the Montreal office of this global company. This Counsel will join a dynamic legal team, be an integral member of the department and work on a variety of sophisticated agreements, evaluate legal risks, and offer strategic guidance. This is a hybrid position.
- Review, negotiate, and draft a variety of transactional agreements;
- Advise the business on commercial contracts, subcontracts, leases, easements, letters of intent, joint venture agreements, supply contracts, power purchase agreements, acquisitions and divestures;
- Identify, communicate and mitigate legal and business risks;
- Review legal publications and pending legislation and advise the management accordingly;
- Assist with contractual issues re: project development, including land acquisition, leasing, and sales of projects;
- Assist with managing external legal resources to ensure quality and consistency of service on a cost-effective basis;
- Assist with corporate secretarial matters, such as: preparing board documents and ensuring adherence to corporate governance guidelines;
- Assert the company's position in disputes to achieve a positive outcome;
- Draft and negotiate construction contracts and associated agreements, mitigate the company's risks and support the construction team;
- Review and improve processes and standard agreements, thereby facilitating efficiency in legal support;
- Advise the various business units to assist in attaining their objectives and act as a trusted advisor to the company; and
- Execute additional tasks as assigned by the General Counsel and provide support and guidance to the other lawyers.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A lawyer in good standing (Quebec Bar an asset)
- Approximately 8-12 years of pertinent experience in commercial and construction law;
- Strong commercial contract drafting and negotiating skills;
- Comprehension of project development, asset sales, construction, and finance;
- Ability to effectively analyze legal risks and be solution-oriented;
- Experience in construction projects;
- Expertise in property law and commercial real estate transactions re: renewable energy;
- Bilingual - fluent in English and French;
- Strong ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and handle competing priorities;
- Solid communication skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, vendors, and staff; and
- Excellent attention to detail and be highly motivated.
This is indeed an exciting opportunity to work as a Counsel in Montreal as part of a thriving legal team for a worldwide company and be a valued member of the organization. This is a hybrid role.
If this describes you and you are interested in this excellent opportunity, then please send us your details. We thank all applicants but only those with the requisite experience will be contacted.
Permanent / Full Time