OverviewLIFE AFTER LAW is Canada’s trusted Legal Search Authority.
23+ years developing lasting relationships with lawyers, law firms and companies
Our client, a well-established Family Law firm is looking to expand its Toronto office. They are looking for a Family Law Lawyer: with 2 or more (more experience is welcome!).
This is an excellent opportunity for a Family Law lawyer, to join a dynamic firm and further grow their practice in a professional, collegial and collaborative firm environment. The selected candidate will be able to work on a Hybrid or Remote kind of work dynamic.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Work with both spouses to oversee and facilitate the resolution of allaspects of their separation.
- Hold clients accountable to deadlines and service guidelines.
- Navigating clients through negotiations, including financial and parentingdecisions to create plans that set them up for success
- Educating clients on the relevant laws, while not providing legal advice, and adhering to the rules and regulations set out by the Law Society of Ontario.
- Communicate with clients and the counsel for the other side.
- Legal research and drafting of a wide range of legal documents.
- Analyze and summarize legal documents.
You are the ideal candidate if you have/are:
- 2 or more years of strong family law experience.
- Residence in Toronto (or the GTA).
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Strong creative thinking and analytical skills to develop a legal strategy, analyze case law and litigate complex cases.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Like to work independently and are passionate about client service and are very hands-on with clients.
- Strong writing skills, and adept at preparing written correspondence and motions.
- Able to multitask and effectively handle competing priorities.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
If this describes you, and you are interested in joining a growing, dynamic, team-oriented organization that provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, send us your details.
We thank all applicants.
Life After Law
1920 Yonge Street,
Only those with the required experience will be contacted.
ASSOCIATES & PARTNERS
Permanent / Full Time